What Nobody tells you about Flaxseed Gel



I will be sharing the Pros and Cons of the different (natural) products that I have tried in my hair journey, in the coming months. Declaimer: These are my opinions and experience. And Whatever works or doesn't work for me does not mean the same will happen to you.

With that out of the way, Let's begin.

In 2015, I was inspired by Naptural85's Video πŸ’— to start using Flaxseed (Linseed)  gel. At first, it was very difficult to make (from a lazy Naturalista point of view). From boiling to squeezing the HOT gel out (if it's cold it will be more difficult to squeeze out), to getting the perfect gel thickness that you want. I have tried both the brown and golden flaxseed. And both worked in the same way. 

This gel gave my hair an amazing shine. It softens and made my curls pop. At the time when I was still struggling with the concept of shrinkage, flaxseed gel helped me appreciate my shrinkage more, as it made my curls and twist out super defined and gorgeous without the dryness and crunchiness. With a simple google search, you will found all the benefits of "flaxseed". As it is a big source of Omega 3 fatty acid that strengthens and moisturizes your hair and scalp, which I noticed helped with my hair growth. Don't forget it is cheap and chemical-free (if you use the organicaly sourced seeds)!! πŸ˜‰

As a Naturalista who washes her hair at least every 2 weeks, the biggest con is that it is not sustainable for me.  The gel would go bad on my hair and would smell so bad that I would have to wash my hair after just 4 days.  Or I would have to pile products on my hair to masked the smell which would just sit on my hair and makes my hair look dull. 

So for all the effort, it was not worth it in my busy lifestyle.  But it is definitely something that I can go to if I need a super defined, crunch-free and gorgeous twist out that is natural and has so many nutrients for my hair. 

At the moment,  I want to try other Flaxseed products like flaxseed oil or any hair care line with it. 


In the comments below, let me know your experience with Flaxseed (Linseed) gel or any other Flaxseed products. And any recommendations and tips. 


0 Comments