2020 Goals: How I Plan for the New Year (Decade)


As 2020 is now fast approaching, I don't really know if I should be excited or anxious. But I know it is important to plan and be hopeful for the future. Here is how I plan for the New Year Decade.

Since the age of 13, I have been setting goals for myself. And I have quickly realized that not everything goes the way you planned and that you must learn how to go with the flow of life!  I am now, not a 'yearly goal -long list resolutions' or a 'big vision board' type of planner. Instead, I have " BIG Top 3 goals" for MYSELF in the year that I have thoroughly thought about, using "SMART". So goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.   For 2019, I was only able to achieve 1 out of 3 of my goals for the year, which I am quite proud of. Personally, I feel better achieving 1 out of 3 rather than 3 out of 20.  I was also able to achieve/do things that I never planned for!

Rather than long-listed yearly goals, I set weekly and monthly goals for myself because my alignment is always changing and GOD might be directing me to a different path each month. GOD has a way of blessing his children and for 2019 GOD has really shown his love for me and has done things that I never planned or expected.  However, I always have a long list of things/prayers that I want GOD to (continue to) do in my life for the year. For example, I pray for Favour, Clarity of purpose, Increase in every area of life, Wisdom e.t.c. Basically, non-materialistic requests so that His WILL  be done in my life.

As we approach a new decade I love to reflect and assess all that GOD has done in my life in the last 10 years.  And I pray about the new decade. Here is where I write my long list of things (Bucket list) to do, see and be in the next 10 years. From traveling to 30 places before am 30 to saving more or growing my hair out, these are the types of goals I set for a 10 years time frame. And from time to time I look at the list for inspiration and motivation. For the new decade, I want to try setting 5 years goals for myself and see how that goes (especially now that am older).

My theme for 2020 is New Beginnings.

I have no idea what is next or what this truly means in my life yet...but this is the word I got from GOD regarding 2020.  And I am expectant!



I hope this blog post helps in your planning for the new year  decade. Here are videos with Oprah Winfrey (1) (2) (3)  and a video with Steven Furtick that I hope can inspire you all.

In the comment below, let me know, Are you a 'yearly goal -long list resolutions' or a 'vision board' type of planner.? or do you just go with the flow of life.



2 Comments

Post a Comment