✨Dudu Osun Black Soap Review ✨



So this Summer, I have been on the quest to make all my health and beauty products more natural. The first change I had to do,was with my shampoo which dried out my hair- due to the sulfate.The first all natural cleanser that came to mind was African black soap which I grew up with in Nigeria.
Here are the ingredients; Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun (camwood), Palm kernel oil, Cocoa pod ash, palm bunch ash, Aleo vera, lime juice, water and fragrance


Advantages

  • It is CHEAP. Only £1.
  • It became my all-purpose soap- used it to wash my face and body.
  • Cleansed my hair without striping it.
  • My curls were absolutely defined. No Frizz!
  • My hair felts so moisturized, soft and shiny.
  • Every style from flat twist, Bantu knot out (which I never do) to perm rods, came out on point!
  • It took me 20 MINUTES to wash my hair. And I did not have to use conditioner as my hair was already soft.





 Disadvantages

  • The Biggest one is the SMELL.I had to wash my every week because of it.
  • After a few days, My hair will feel crispy So I had to sprites it with water- this usually messes up the well defined curls that I have created.
  • After a month using it each week, I discovered white residue on my hair and scalp which freaked me out. ( To Know Why -Check out my post on my experience with Natural soaps)




My Advice and Tips

- Do not rub the soap directly on your hair. Dilute it first before using it!
- Make sure you have a cream or leave in conditioner that can mask the smell, if you do not like it.
- DO NOT USE it too often if your water is hard. And make sure you have a strong shampoo to wash hair once every month. I will recommend - Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. This helped me get rid of the residue.
- Use distilled water, not hard water.
- Do not be like me and follow up with a honey (adding more honey) deep conditioner. Instead do a hot oil treatment.


Comment below if you have tried any other black soap and tell us your experience.





2 Comments

Post a Comment