The Co Wash - First Attempt

With all my years of being natural, I have never washed my hair especially my scalp without any form of a cleansing agent such as shampoo or ACV. So the idea of just using conditioner, raised my eyebrow.




I wanted to try this method so that I could conserve and distribute the sebum that my scalp naturally produces to moisturise my dry hair.

Method

First off, while in sections, I saturated my hair with water while massaging my scalp to loosen the dirt and sebum on my scalp. And ran my fingers lightly on my hair to help distribute the sebum.

So I tried out Whitney's 25 minutes 'ish' co washing method. However I had to first apply the conditioner and rinse it off, then apply coconut oil because the water in my area is extremely hard... Did not want the conditioner sticking on my hair strands!! I am slightly paranoid. Also I used this opportunity to thoroughly finger detangle and comb my hair with a wide tooth comb.

My Impression

This could have been the QUICKEST AND EASIEST method ever, if I used the right conditioner!
The conditioner I used was Tresemmé's luxurious moisture conditioner. At first, this was an amazing product that helped make detangling a breeze. But after getting a second bottle and using it in the shower, I discovered on two occasions, that I was feeling physically sick, dizzy and light headed. (I never learn!) And I had to stop washing my hair!

Also the conditioner made my hair dry.Thank God I used coconut oil !



Well I am back on the quest to find the best conditioner, ultimately a silicone free and a natural brand! 
So I need your help! Please tell me your favourite conditioner and how you use it. 

0 Comments