Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Review




So I have been using some of these products for 6 months now, My very first impression of these products was the SCENT. It is not too strong, it has a hint of coconut...I can't explain how nice the smell is to me. I absolutely love it!

From left to right; 1). Intense Shine Oil Mist with Sunflower & Vitamin E, 2). Deep Moisture Milk Crème with Argon oil  & Sunflower, 3). Deep Moisture Milk Soufflé, 4). Deep Moisture Oil Treatment, 5). Coconut Water Curl Refresher.

For 2, 3 and 5- I was very disappointed with the results. As it states that it's for "DULL, DRY, THIRSTY HAIR."  These made my hair super dry and stiff, making my hair, hard to the touch. This was something I was not used to, even though my hair usually feels dry!

All theses products have No Parabens, No Petrolatum, No Gluten, No Phthalates, No Dea, No Tea and No Mineral oil (except 3). However upon looking at the ingredients, I spotted hydrolyzed Silk PROTEIN in 5, hydrolyzed Milk PROTEIN in 2 and 3, which I though was great for low porosity hair. Then it dawned on me...I am PROTEIN SENSITIVE!

For 4, this is now my product of the year! It has a thick consistency and states that it contains argan oil, sunflower, coconut oil and vitamin E oil, while having the scent that I love. This deep moisture oil treatment can be used as a sealant or an oil treatment. I use it as a sealant as my Oil in the LCO method to get my money's worth!  When used with my Leave in conditioner, my twist outs and Bantu knots (which I hardly do!) come out great. My hair looks and feels nourished and healthy!
For 1, I hardly use it! But when I did, it acted as a heat protectant and an oil spray to freshen up my old hairstyles and add the coconut and monoi scent. This has the same ingredients as 4, but it  has a light consistency and one spray is enough for a section, as it is very oily.

Note of appreciation to the packaging on the oil treatment 4). and the oil mist 1). bottles . The labels on the bottles are layered with ; the actually label with instructions and ingredients at the base; the same label with 2 pages in other languages; and the outer label with a thin plastic sheet, that can be peeled off. This is such an impressive packaging as this will enable me to read the information later on-as now the outer label is smudged due to the oil.


0 Comments