Pros and Cons of Yarn braids



Pros


  • It's CHEAP. Bought mine for £9 (10% for students) from Hobbycraft. Only 1 bundle (400g) was perfect for my whole hair.

  • Installation was so easy compared to using synthetic hair. As the yarn did not slide off
  • Can fool some people to think that they are locs.

  • It looked purple/blue in some selfies. 

  • If well moisturized before installment, the hair is given a "moisture vacation".
  • Though it didn't really blend very well with my hair, the yarn was very smooth and soft, Still looked cool to me



Cons


  • Took me 3 evenings to complete.. 18 hours. As I had to revise during the day.


  • Since I have not wore extension for a year, I found them really heavy 
  • Therefore was scared to wash them, it is yarn... have you ever lifted a wet knitted jumper?.. it's extremely heavy. Was only able to cleanse scalp with rose water and tea tree oil.
  • As long as your keep it , your curls will start to show through the braids. (can of like that look) 
  • Personally I could not do a lot of hair styles such as a large fishtail /braids- because it was heavy.


Only lasted for a Month for me. Could have had it for longer.. but I missed my hair!

Next time........
I would make them longer and fuller (don't judge me) and make the strands more equal so I don't get a lot of "fly away strands"

0 Comments